How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Bioregional Forestry (Logs for Surrey) collects personal information.
If you complete a form on the Logs for Surrey website to place an order or send us an enquiry, then Bioregional Forestry will use the personal information you provide in order to fulfil your request. Your details will not be added to any database unless you click a box on the form to consent to us contacting you in the future.
Job applicants, current and former Bioregional Forestry employees
The following section explain what data Bioregional Forestry collects for recruitment and HR purposes and how long we will hold this information.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
You will also be asked to provide equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory information – if you don’t provide it, it will not affect your application. This information will not be made available to any staff outside of our recruitment team, including hiring managers, in a way which can identify you. Any information you do provide, will be used only to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- Proof of your qualifications – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- You will be asked to complete a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions.
- We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
- We will also ask you to complete a questionnaire about your health. This is to establish your fitness to work. This is done through a data processor (please see below).
If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details – to process salary payments
Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 6 months from the closure of the campaign.
Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example interview notes, is retained by us for 6 months following the closure of the campaign.
Equal opportunities information is retained for 6 months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not.
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/